Thursday, April 28, 2016

final project

This is my original drawdel that I made when I was analyZing the site, I used this for inspiration when designing my building. The two main aspects that stuck out to me were the two axis lines which indicated two buildings and the shadows that were casting from the cut outs of the drawdel.

Above you can see the beginning sketches of these two buildings. I sketched out different ways that these buildings could be connecting or separating and I decided on having a main core in the middle of my two masses. Another aspect I kept in mind was the axis created from the library and the flower wall on the site I wanted to maintain the line that was created by these buildings. I also decided to have an elevated lobby area that would be lifted from the main ground plan. As I was developing this I wondered what could happen in this area and decided that I would go back to the shadow idea that was shown by my drawdel so I developed the model below to test this idea of the sun changing the pattern 




 


 


 


 

 




 


 

 
 
 

 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment