Tuesday, March 15, 2016

2 schemes derived from drodel

The first scheme I created started with two towers, which was taken from the two larger cutouts in my drodel. I then separated the program in an appropriate order from how I interpreted the program. Below you can see the sections and model for this scheme.

 
As you can see from the two models above there is an obvious exterior circulation which I took from the strands that were prevalent within the shadow of my drodel. In the drawing below you are able to see a possible wall penetration that could be used to create a dissolving effect on the walls of the circulation. The idea for this came from the shadows that were shown from the cut outs of my drodel.
In this section you are able to see the double heighted spaces that I incorporated within the different floors. I want to eventually transition to the idea of having interlocking floors.
This drawing shows a possible effect that could be incorporated within my building, the reverse shot. When you are in the same hall way you can see the audience from one theater and the screen from another.
 
 
For my second scheme I wanted to have a design that was shocking and would confuse the patron, similar to the avant-garde films. I first had an idea of an overall circular structure with square or rectangular rooms. The model below shows the progression of the idea with some type of ridged shape to the outside.




 I incorporated different heights into this scheme as well. I wanted to have four different structure because of the four voids in my droddle. I plan to separate the program within these structures by use.


Above is one of the film techniques that I hope to incorporate, the cross-cutting. This would be achieved by having a square room with a widow showing the actual shape of the structure, a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment