Monday, March 21, 2016

second blog on the long drive home, carpenter center

The precedent study continues as I sit in the passenger seat again on our long journey home to Bristol. 

Looking at the Carpenter center for a precedent study for the ramp going up to my building.

 It could be interesting to think of this as a ramp that could wrap around the building rather than through the building , or it could possibly have outlets at different levels and actually go through the two towers. I may do a sketch of these two concepts to talk about in the critique tomorrow. 


This is a nice visual to show how the ramp will not disrupt the entire site, I think this is important to consider when dealing with a very particular site like ours. With this in mind I have reconsidered the diagonal placing of my building and have decided to straighten it back out to be parallel with the library. I believe it was important to explore the possibility of it being diagonal to look at all be possibilities for the location of the building. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment