Thursday, March 3, 2016

Moving onto the schematic design

For those of you who are going to Mexico City.....


 
The photo above shows the section of the site that I am interested in designing on. Obviously the section that is in the red box is a little big but I am unsure what that section of land would look like so I am very interested in seeing pictures from that area so that I would be able to narrow down my site a little better. Please Please Please take a lot of photos!!!
 


An interesting observation that we learned from our drodels were the interesting qualities of the reverse side, in some cases they ended up being better than the chosen 'front'. After hanging my drodel on the wall I found that it produced an interesting shadow that still showed a similar thought pattern as to what I was trying to convey in my model (please reference the last blog post). As we progress onto our design for our building we were asked to keep the drodels in mind and to design sections based off of our drodels. Since my drodel made an interesting reflection onto the back drop I thought that would be an interesting addition to my design. Throughout the process I will be trying to incorporate light wells, sky lights or interesting window paneling systems that would create intricate shadows.
 After taking a further look at my drodel I decided that the sections that I carved out of the paper and set back could probably have to do with programing, as if it was separated into four or five sections. Another thought that was drawn from the drodel was the strands of paper that were showing the circulation. I think it would be interesting to incorporate these as actual paths or connection pieces for circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment