Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Continuing on by Connecting my two Schemes



I have furthered my analysis of my drodel and have concluded that the scheme with two towers best represents my drodel in an exterior sense. However, I still plan on incorporating specific ideas from interior of my circular scheme.

 
       



 
 
After figuring out exactly what each room was used for I then made a web noting which rooms needed to be next to each other for function purposes. I also used this chart to indicate which rooms may be used as a service to other rooms. The photo on the right shows my next step, where I started to separate my program back into the two towers. Trying to keep the two highly used public areas close to the entry. From the diagrams on the right side you are able to see my thoughts about possible design ideas to incorporate. Including a central core system and interlocking floors.  The circular room was taken from the other scheme, I originally wanted to have square rooms in a circle building however, I am experimenting with the idea that this might give the same effect.





Within this drawing I am just trying to map out some of the program and see where entries might be located. I thought it would be interesting to enter from the middle and have the staircases align.
Above and below are elevation studie of what the shape of the building might look like.
 

1 comment:

  1. i think a look at the carpenter center (maybe blog it) might be productive...

    ReplyDelete