Thursday, March 3, 2016

Final Drodel and Isometric



 
The photo shown on the top left is my isometric drawing of this transition zone. The area I was focusing on is the grid section of the grass moving to the large stair and then following into the open area of the large grass quad. For my isometric I wanted to explode my path, transition zone, upward so that it was the most prevalent within the drawing. Below it I drew the boundaries or the areas connecting to the main path.

For the beginning drodels that I completed I felt as if I was not highlighting the path enough. On the top left you can see my final drodel. I set back the buildings and folded them so they had a negative depth in the paper. I then cut out the grid pattern of the grass to highlight the transition area and the strictness of the paths. However, I did not cut out all of the blocks, I wanted the blocks that were still there to represent an area that someone may sit in. While researching this section I noticed that one or two people at a time would sit in one of the blocks of grass. Where as in the larger grass area people would sit in larger groups or play sports. I used the folded strands of paper to represent the circulation path. The straight pieces within the grid section show the linear path. The jaggid pieces show the movement through the stair section. The strands of paper on the bottom right of the drodel represent the movement through the large grass area.

No comments:

Post a Comment