Monday, March 21, 2016

Lewis, Tsurumaki, Lewis, filmplex



Throughout my design I have been trying to implement the film word shot reverse shot. This term meaning that you see one view then the opposing view. I also wanted to incorporate cross-cutting into this. My concept is to have it possible to see the screen of one theater and the audience of another theater at one time. In my first attempt I tried to have one theater on one side and another theater on the other and have a path with openings. However, this may not be the best solution because it may disrupt the viewing of either video. After looking at the film plex by Lewis, Tsurumaki, and Lewis I figured that I could achieve this by having a separate path above and giving more room to the theaters by increasing the square footage. 


 


It also could be interesting to have a viewable spot from outside of the building as this concept sketch shows. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment